• Academy long or short sleeved shirt – white Academy trousers or skirt – black
• Academy clip-on tie
• Academy jacket – black
• Plain black socks
• Plain black shoes – no trainers, boots, pumps or canvas shoes will be allowed
• Academy V neck jumper – sleeves need to be at full length
• Academy V neck slip (tank top)
• Jackets must be worn with the sleeves down.
• Sleeves on shirts, jumper or jackets must not be rolled up at any time.
• Shirts must be tucked in.
Only badges issued by the academy may be worn on jackets. Other badges, eg, charity badges, must only be on outdoor coats or bags.
Only plain black shoes are allowed to be worn with the uniform. No trainers, boots, pumps or canvas shoes will be allowed. Heels should be no higher than 2.5 cm/1inch.
NB – If students are not wearing the correct footwear they will be expected to borrow a pair of shoes from SID – the shoes will be treated with a hygienic spray after each use. Failure to wear the shoes provided will result in an exclusion (refusing a reasonable request).
Outdoor coats should be dark in colour, e.g. black or navy and should have no large logos. Please note, hoodies, fur, denim and studded leather jackets are not allowed.
Students require a school bag which can fit in an Academy planner and A4 workbooks.
• Purple Academy polo top
• Purple/black Academy reversible games top
• Black Academy shorts
• Plain black knee length games socks
• Indoor trainers – None marking sole with laces, providing
support to ankle & foot
• Outdoor trainers – Good grip with laces providing support to the ankle & foot
NB – Pumps do not provide adequate support for the foot or ankle
• Gum shield – for rugby/hockey
• Shin pads – for football/hockey
• Football boots
• Academy tracksuit top
• Academy tracksuit bottoms
• 3/4 zip fleece
• if you have an Academy tracksuit top you do not have to buy the reversible games top.
Outwood Academy Acklam has one official supplier of uniform – Trutex.